Looking for authentic experiences in Mauritius?
We deliver the best advice
Mauritius’ weather is like a woman you shouldn’t try to understand, just love. It might be cloudy, sunny, rainy and dry in the same morning and that’s just okay. However, we enjoy a tropical, warm weather almost all year round. There are only 2 seasons:
– Summer being hot and humid throughout November to April (max. 36 °C)
– Winter for cooler and dryer days from May to October (min 16 °C)
High season is from November to January, but we strongly recommend you to come in Mauritius’ low season (May – Oct). The weather is amazing, beaches are less crowded, prices are back to normal and most importantly, you help disperse the effects of massive tourism of the high season.
– Try to avoid February and March, the wetter months, we don’t want a cyclone to change your tanning plans.
– September and October are especially beautiful months.
– Beachwear and light clothes
– Trousers or sport clothes for your adventures
– Tennis or hiking shoes
– A light jacket
– Reef-friendly sunscreen
– Mosquito repellent
– Snorkel kit
UK plug, type G. Like this:
All deals inside the island are settled in Mauritian Rupees (MUR or “Rs”). Make sure to change some cash or withdraw the local currency upon arrival to the airport.
– 1 EUR = 40 Rs approx
– 1 USD = 35 Rs approx