Looking for authentic experiences in Mauritius?
We deliver the best advice
Mauritius’ weather is like a woman you shouldn’t try to understand, just love. It might be cloudy, sunny, rainy and dry in the same morning and that’s just okay. However, we enjoy a tropical, warm weather almost all year round. There are only 2 seasons:
– Summer being hot and humid throughout November to April (max. 36 °C)
– Winter for cooler and dryer days from May to October (min 16 °C)
High season is from November to January, so we recommend you to come in Mauritius’ winter. The weather is still amazing, beaches are less crowded, prices are back to normal and most importantly, you help alleviate the effects of massive tourism of the high season.
– Try to avoid February and March, the wetter months, we don’t want a cyclone to change your tanning plans.
– September and October are especially beautiful months.
You can always find them here, but if you already have them at home:
– Reef-friendly sunscreen
– Mosquito repellent
– Snorkel kit
– Tennis or hiking shoes
UK plug, type G. Like this:
All deals inside the island are settled in Mauritian Rupees (MUR or “Rs”). Make sure to change some cash or withdraw the local currency upon arrival to the airport.
– 1 EUR = 40.30 Rs*
– 1 USD = 35 Rs*
* Last updated 02/May/2016 21:43